Hello, we’re a 5 star animation company in London!
Looking for an animation company in London? From our London studio, we help startups and brands to effortlessly create stunning 2D and 3D animation.
“The whole process was effortless & dare I say fun”
“They have a great eye for detail. Highly Recommend“
“The video looked fantastic. Stunning & Top Class”
About our animation company
- Social Films is an animation company based in London with 15+ years experience.
- Our services include 2D & 3D animation, animated explainer videos and CGI.
- We work with small businesses as well as established brands.
- Get the entire animation process managed for you (or a small part of it!)
- Get ideas, storyboards, scripts and animation produced in one place. Phew!
- 9 times out of 10, no matter what you need to animate, we can help (and If we can’t, we’ll put you in touch with an animator who can!)
“You don’t need Hollywood budgets to benefit from the latest in digital animation. You may be surprised by just how far your budget will stretch.”
About our animation studio
- Our animation studio is based in London and is where your ideas will come to life.
- We have a team of highly skilled in house and freelance animators.
- You can visit our animation studio in person, or remotely via zoom.
- Our studio is fitted with state-of-the-art Apple Mac hardware.
We have everything you need to power your project and to help you succeed with animation.
“You’ll glide through animation projects faster and see impressive results in less time working with a dedicated expert by your side.”
Types of animation we produce
Animated Explainer Videos
We create animated explainer videos for businesses who need to simplify their product or service. Did you know that 83% of businesses say that their explainer video is effective?
Animated Whiteboard Videos
We produce animated whiteboard videos for companies who need to simplify their product or service. Did you know that 22% of customers find whiteboard videos easier to recall?
We create motion graphics for startups and brands in the UK. We’re always keeping up to date with the latest software, to ensure that your animation truly stands out from the crowd!
We’re experts at the production of 2D animation. 2D animation provides the perfect solution for businesses who are looking for a simple, easy to understand video.
Our animation studio are highly skilled at producing 3D animation. 3D animation is the ideal fit for businesses who need to visualise what something will look like in the real world.
Expensive ‘time-wasting’ animation
We only produce animation that we know will add value to your business. We’re interested in one and thing and one thing only – Animation that will make you more successful.
We’ve produced video for startups and small, ambitious businesses, as well as established brands:
2D & 3D Animation
What’s the difference and which one is right for your business?
Whether or not you need 2D or 3D animation will depend on what you need to bring to life.
The vast majority of business concepts can be beautifully animated in 2D.
In fact, there’s a real fashion and trend for simplicity, which lends itself perfectly to the look and capabilities of 2D animation.
On the other hand, more complex medical or industrial concepts often require 3D to show details which aren’t possible in 2D.
For example, in a medical animation, it might be necessary to show the intricate inner workings of the human body.
Below, we’ll look at both types of animation in detail.
✔︎ Looks premium
✔︎ Perfect for explainer videos / walkthrough’s
2D animation helps you to achieve two things:
1) Communicate key messages in a way that would be more time consuming / complicated to explain in the real world, and
2) Do so in a way that is more engaging and would be less attractive in the real world
Here’s an example:
Take our work promoting Heathrow’s Premia Cargo facility for example.
This is what it looks like in real life.
It’s… a warehouse.
A cool looking warehouse (as far as warehouses go)…
But it’s a warehouse all the same.
In any case, we needed to promote it and all of the benefits it offered.
2D animation allowed us to bring these benefits to life.
In doing so, we didn’t need to show the warehouse at all.
And the finished result showed the premium service customers could expect.
The same goes for our work with IAG Cargo.
Every day, thousands of people fly across the world.
And so do their pets.
We needed to show customers that their fluffy friends are safe and secure on the flight.
But there are two problems…
1) For the majority of the journey, pets are snuggled up in their carrier’s.
2) The lights are turned off to keep them calm.
So in the real world, it would be difficult to show this on film.
We used 2D animation to bring the journey to life.
And customers were made to feel happier and more confident as a result.
Think about your product or service? Could your customers understand it better with a simple 2D animation?
✔︎ Looks awesome
✔︎ Perfect for more complex concepts
3D animation helps you to achieve two things:
1) Show much more complex objects or ideas that would be time-consuming / complicated or impossible to demonstrate in the real world, or
2) Make something that would be less attractive in the real world look ridiculously cool.
Take our work with Microsoft for example.
We needed to promote their advertising network to advertisers.
The problem is… The platform is entirely online.
It’s a website after all.
Simply showing websites and adverts in their traditional sense wouldn’t be overly exciting.
So we used 3D animation to bring the different ad formats to life.
And tied it all together with text that explained the benefits.
Think about your product or service? Could your customers understand it better with a 3D animation?
Our animation services
Picture this. You’ve got a complex subject to explain or a topic which is duller than dishwater to talk about.
Your challenge is to make it seem simple and make sure it’s interesting to watch.
Animation Is your secret weapon.
Some topics are far easier (and more interesting) to explain with corporate animation. For 15 years we’ve been helping business like yours to catapult their marketing to the next level.
Take our work with More Than for example, who wanted to create an animated business presentation for new joiners.
Think? Could your business, products or services benefit from using animation?
Healthcare, Medical & Biomedical animation
Imagine you need to show antibodies fighting against bacteria or how internal organs react to invasive treatments.
No industry benefits more from the limitless possibilities that medical animation can offer than the pharmaceutical industry.
In most cases, filming at a microscopic level would be highly impractical and would deliver underwhelming results. A biomedical animation on the other hand isn’t bound by real world barriers. That’s why healthcare companies regularly use 2D and 3D animation to make the complex seem simple.
Pair this with our services in 360 and VR for a fully immersive experience like no other.
In most commercial advertising, you’ll find three different formats:
1) Live action (Filmed in the real world)
2) Animation (2D or 3D animation)
3) Animation and live action combined
All three approaches can be used equally to explain, market and sell with phenomenal success.
As an advertiser, you’ll be looking to show your product or service in two ways:
– Looking it’s absolute very best
– In a way that is simple for your audience to understand
Together we’ll walk you through the best options.
How to plan your animation project
How to plan your digital animation project in 5 easy steps
Write down your key messages
Focus on what you want your customers to think.
Just as you would if you were designing a poster, start by thinking about what information is going to be most important for your audience.
– What do you want them to take away from watching it?
– What do you want them to learn?
– What next step do you want them to take?
OK. Write these down on paper!
Plan your scenes
Focus on what you want your customers to see.
Work with your animation production house and think about the main things you need to show.
– If it’s an animation for an estate agency, then perhaps one of the scenes is the buyer exchanging keys
– If it’s an animation for a medical company, then one of the scenes might be a 3D heart pumping blood around the body.
OK. Add all of these to your list!
Write the script
Focus on what you want your customers to hear.
Just as you would if you were writing a speech, work with your animation studio and think about what you want to say?
– Use the key messages from your list along with the scenes you’ve written down to craft a smooth flowing script
– Use as few words as possible and avoid jargon. Focus on quality not quantity. Simplify, then simplify again.
OK. Write this down.
Choose the look and feel
Focus on any branding it needs to match.
Just as you would if you were designing a poster, work with your animation company and think about how you want it to look?
– What colour pallet should you use?
– What style of animation will work best? 2D? 3D? Or both?
– What music is right for your brand?
If you have brand guidelines, add these to your pack.
Kickstart your animation
Congratulations, you’ve already done a lot of the hard work!
By now you’ve:
✔︎ Worked out what your key messages are and how your audience will respond
✔︎ Decided what you need to show and what your audience will see
✔︎ You’ve written a super punchy script that your audience will enjoy listening to, and
✔︎ Chosen a look and feel which is right for your brand
Now it’s time to get animating. That’s our job, but we’ll keep you involved at every step!
We’ll send you updates at every stage so you can review, feedback and refine.
Most of all, enjoy the ride. Animation is fun and our clients regularly comment on how much they enjoy the process.